Wythe County Community Hospital, a LifePoint Health facility, is looking for a family medicine physician who enjoys quality of life and a great work environment. Applicants should be patient centered; like to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment; believe in providing high quality services; able to join a high functioning team; and desire an experience with serving patients from a rural community.
About the position
- Day shift work only -- 7 days on, 7 days off -- (12 hour shifts)
- Average daily census of 20
- Daily admissions between 3-10 with discharges also
- Mid-levels cover the night shifts with the physician as backup for ICU only
- EMR utilized is Meditech
- ED averages 20,000 patients per year with an average admission rate of 7%
- ED is an Accredited Chest Pain Center
Full time board certified or board eligible family medicine or internal medicine physician
- Required skills: central lines, intubation, vents/vent management with RT
- Hospitalists are responsible for all procedures and codes. There is no intensivist available, but adequate specialists to provide consultation, when needed.
Competitive base salary/benefits
- Malpractice insurance covered
- Sign on bonus, student loan repayment and relocation allowance are negotiable
About the practice
- 2 physicians; 3 mid-levels
About the hospital
Wythe County Community Hospital, (a LifePoint Health facility) is a 100 bed hospital located in the desirable Blue Ridge Mountains of southwest Virginia. A Chest Pain Accredited Emergency Department is available for emergency needs around the clock. We offer everything from a robust hospitalist program to primary care, pediatrics to internal medicine, and surgical services to rehabilitation therapies.
Living in Wytheville, VA
The community is a great fit for the person loving the great outdoors and enjoys the beauty of the mountains, rivers, lakes and streams. This safe, friendly community is a great place to raise a family, yet close enough to larger cities for sporting events, the arts, and fine dining via the two interstates passing through the area. Experience "The Good Life" and enjoy work and life balance in southwest Virginia.