Wythe County Community Hospital, LifePoint Health facility, is looking for an internal medicine physician who enjoys quality of life and a great work environment. Applicants should be patient centered; like to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment; believe in providing high quality services; able to join a high functioning team; and desire an experience with serving patients from a rural community.
About the position
- Outpatient only; hospitalist program in place
- Hospital employee (open to other option - independent)
- Expect to see 25-30 patients per day
- Small surgical procedures are optional
- Preventative and chronic medical care
- EMR utilized is eClinical
- Malpractice and Tail coverage provided
- Full time board certified or board eligible in internal medicine
- Competitive compensation (MGMA) wRVU model
- Sign on Bonus, student loan repayment and relocation assistance are negotiable
- Stipend available for residents
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K
About the practice
- Multiple practice options
- Only 1 internal medicine physician in the market
About the hospital
Wythe County Community Hospital, (a LifePoint Health facility) is a 100 bed hospital located in the desirable Blue Ridge Mountains of southwest Virginia. A Chest Pain Accredited Emergency Department is available for emergency needs around the clock. We offer everything from a robust hospitalist program to primary care, pediatrics to internal medicine, and surgical services to rehabilitation therapies.
Living in Wytheville, VA
The community is a great fit for the person loving the great outdoors and enjoys the beauty of the mountains, rivers, lakes and streams. This safe, friendly community is a great place to raise a family, yet close enough to larger cities for sporting events, the arts, and fine dining via the two interstates passing through the area. Experience "The Good Life" and enjoy work and life balance in southwest Virginia.