Your Hospice Support Team & Volunteers
Your Hospice Support Team Includes...
- Full-time Board Certified Medical Director (M.D.)
- Executive Director
- Patient Care Supervisor
- Registered Nurses (RN)
- Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN)
- Social Worker
- Volunteer Coordinator
- Bereavement Specialist
- Occupational Therapist
- Physical Therapist
- Certified Nurse Assistant
- Speech Therapist
What Do Hospice Patient Care Volunteers Do?
- Provide companionship for the patient and family, acting as supportive listeners.
- Provide transportation, do shopping, errands, and light housework.
- Supply information about community resources.
- Help family members with basic patient care.
- Provide respite care for the patient so that the family members may rest or run errands.
- Maintain strict confidentiality in patient and family matters.
How Can I Be Enrolled As A Patient?
Anyone may start the referral process (family member, minister, or home health nurse) although the family physician must agree to become part of the Hospice team.