We are seeking a Board Certified/Board Eligible Orthopaedic Surgeon to join the Bone & Joint Center practice in Wytheville, VA. The physician will be patient centered and able to work under stressful situations with a positive attitude. The candidate will have a knowledge of performance-based reimbursement and a willingness to be educated in this area.
About the position
- General orthopaedics with emphasis on joint replacement, sports medicine or other fellowship
- New physician should expect to see 15-20 patients a day increasing up to 30-40.
- Hospital Call: 1:3, 10 days of call, additional days paid
- Group Call: Call will be determined based on number of surgeons serving that community
- Full-time board certified or board eligible orthopaedic surgeon
- Fellowship required (sports, joint replacement, hand, etc)
- Preferably 3-5 years of experience, but residents and fellows will be considered
- Guarantee base salary with productivity
- Full benefits package
- Opportunity for partnership.
About the practice
- AOA consists of 18 physicians and 10 mid-level providers, with well over 100 support staff and is well equipped to support the growth efforts in Wytheville
- Block OR scheduling for surgical days (typically 2 days)
- OR has 3 surgical suites with anesthesia coverage by 1 MD and 3 CRNAs
- Hospitalist program for support
About the hospital
Wythe County Community Hospital, (a LifePoint Health facility) is a 100-bed hospital located in the desirable Blue Ridge Mountains of southwest Virginia. A Chest Pain Accredited Emergency Department is available for emergency needs around the clock. We offer everything from a robust hospitalist program to primary care, pediatrics to internal medicine, and surgical services to rehabilitation therapies.
Living in Wytheville, VA
The community is a great fit for the person loving the great outdoors and enjoys the beauty of the mountains, rivers, lakes, and streams. This safe, friendly community is a great place to raise a family, yet close enough to larger cities for sporting events, the arts, and fine dining via the two interstates passing through the area. Experience "The Good Life" and enjoy work and life balance in southwest Virginia.