Main Hospital Entrance Opens
As we prepare to open our main front entrance doors, we would like to lay out what we feel is the best plan for patient flow. We are opening these doors to help with the separation of our sick patients from our well patients.
We will staff the front lobby desk Monday – Friday from the hours of 7:30am – 4:00pm (flexible to change).
Services handled through the main front entrance**
• Inpatient Visitors / Facility Visitors
• Medical Records Requests
• Cardiac Rehab Patients
• MRI Patients
• Surgical Patients scheduled to arrive during front lobby hours
• Pre-registered outpatients (CT, US, Nuclear Medicine, Mammography, Cardiopulmonary, etc)
**Any patient/visitor using this entrance who needs assistance getting to and from their respected ancillary area, that ancillary department may be called to help escort the patient.
Services handled through the ER entrance:
• All front lobby services that arrive outside of business hours
• ER Patients and visitors
• Women’s Center patients
• Walk-in outpatients (anything not pre-registered (labs, x-rays, etc.)
Our scheduling department and pre-surgical testing department will be responsible for communicating to patients on which entrance to use. Updated signage on the WCCH campus is placed to direct traffic.
Loved ones are welcome again.
It’s been a hard year. During the COVID-19 pandemic, our community has faced a number of new challenges as we have worked to protect each other’s health and well-being. Perhaps one of the biggest of those challenges has been separation from others – whether that means forgoing in-person gatherings, grabbing coffee with a friend or visiting a loved one who is receiving care at the hospital.
As we come closer than ever to putting the pandemic behind us, we are pleased to announce that our visitation restrictions are relaxing, and loved ones are welcome again. We know that it has been difficult to be apart from family and friends who are receiving care, and we want to thank you for your patience and understanding while restrictions were in place to protect the health of our patients and staff.
We are so pleased to welcome our patients’ loved ones back to the hospital to visit. Our updated visitor policy can be found below.
It’s been a hard year. Let’s make the next one better…together.
Current Visitor Restrictions:
Wythe County Community Hospital is pleased to announce changes to our visitor guidelines and restrictions. Visitor guidelines will return to normal in the hospital except for the following areas:
- Women’s Center – A patient will have one designated support person that may stay with the patient for the duration of the stay. The patient will also be able to designate 4 other visitors that will need to abide to visiting hours and may only visit once per day. The visiting ours of Women’s Center are 10:00 am – 2:00 pm and 5:00 pm – 9:00pm.
- ICU – Depending on the number of COVID patients, visitors may not be allowed during certain times. The ability to have visitors in the ICU will be determined day by day. Visitors should call before coming to the hospital.
- COVID positive patients – Patients that are COVID positive will not be allowed visitors unless for end of life situations. The care plan team will be consulted and determine the ability for those patients to have visitors.
- ED – Effective August 18, we are transitioning to a zero-visitation policy in the Emergency Room ONLY. If a patient is a minor (under the age of 18) they may be accompanied by one adult. Due to an increase in COVID positive patients, ER visitors will be asked to wait in their vehicle while the patient is being seen and treated in the ER.
- ECU – Adult visitors only, 18 years and older.