Coronavirus (COVID-19) Preparedness Information Learn More
Physician Practices Unveil New Identities to Reflect Affiliation with Wythe County Community Hospital
October 24, 2015
Physician practices affiliated with Wythe County Community Hospital will soon feature new names. All will include reference to “Wythe” to emphasize their association with the hospital and the continuum of care available to the community.
For years, physicians and staff providing care in five practices in Wythe County have been employed by Wythe County Community Hospital. Renaming the physician practices will strengthen their connection to the hospital, which has served the community for more than 40 years.
“We’re pleased to share this new identity structure with our community,” said Chad Melton, CEO of Wythe County Community Hospital. “The new names reflect our commitment to providing our patients continuity and coordination of care by highlighting a clear connection between the physician practices and the hospital. We want to emphasize that only the practice names are changing. Patients will receive the same high quality care as always, with the same physicians and staff and in the same locations.”
The names of physician practices will change as follows:
- Ft. Chiswell Medical Center will be known as Wythe Physician Practices, Family Care - Fort Chiswell
- Wythe Family Care Center will be known as Wythe Physician Practices, Family Care - Wytheville
- Ridgeview Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine will be known as Wythe Physician Practices, Orthpaedics and Sports Medicine
- Drs. W.R. Deal, James Zwanch and Chris Downing will collectively be known as Wythe Physician Practices, General Surgery
- Southwest Urocare will be known as Wythe Physician Practices, Urology