Wythe County Community Hospital Earns Accreditation Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care
January 19, 2018
Wythe County Community Hospital has earned accreditation from the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care for sustaining superior levels of service for patients experiencing a cardiac episode.
Wythe County Community Hospital serves the citizens of Wythe, Bland and surrounding counties and this means our community is well cared for when it comes to this serious and life-threatening condition.
Heart attacks are the leading cause of death in the United States, with 600,000 dying annually of heart disease. More than five million Americans visit hospitals each year with chest pain. The Society’s accreditation process ensures centers meet or exceed quality-of-care measures in acute cardiac medicine.
If you are experiencing chest pain or any other emergency ... call 911 immediately.
The Chest Pain Center at Wythe County Community Hospital has demonstrated its expertise and commitment to quality patient care by meeting or exceeding a wide set of stringent criteria and completing on-site evaluations by a review team from the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care. Key areas in which a Chest Pain Center must demonstrate expertise include
: • Integrating the emergency department with the local emergency medical system
• Assessing, diagnosing, and treating patients quickly
• Effectively treating patients with low risk for acute coronary syndrome and no assignable cause for their symptoms
• Continually seeking to improve processes and procedures
• Ensuring Chest Pain Center personnel competency and training
• Maintaining organizational structure and commitment
• Having a functional design that promotes optimal patient care
• Supporting community outreach programs that educate the public to promptly seek medical care if they display symptoms of a possible heart attack
Wythe County Community Hospital has earned full accreditation status from the Accreditation Review Committee.