Coronavirus (COVID-19) Preparedness Information Learn More
Patient SafetyThe Speak Up program sponsored by the Joint Commission encourages patients to become active, involved, and informed participants on the health care team. Wythe County Community Hospital supports such efforts to increase consumer awareness and involvement.
An Important MessageTo help prevent health care errors, the Speak Up program urges patients to
- Speak up if you have questions or concerns, and if you don't understand, ask again. It's your body and you have a right to know.
- Pay attention to the care you are receiving. Make sure you're getting the right treatments and medications by the right health care professionals. Don't assume anything.
- Educate yourself about your diagnosis, the medical tests you are undergoing, and your treatment plan.
- Ask a trusted family member or friend to be your advocate.
- Know what medications you take and why you take them. Medication errors are the most common health care errors.
- Use a hospital, clinic, surgery center, or other type of health care organization that has undergone a rigorous on-site evaluation against established state-of-the-art quality and safety standards, such as that provided by JCAHO.
- Participate in all decisions about your treatment. You are the center of the health care team.
For more information on patient safety at WCCHContact the Department of Clinical Effectiveness and Patient Safety, at (276) 228-0478.
Safety or quality of care concerns may be reported to the Joint Commission by calling 800-994-6610.
The Speak Up brochure can be downloaded from the Joint Commission's web site.
- About Us
- Advance Directive
- Business Office
- Cafeteria Menu
- Caring Bridge
- Consent to Release Information
- Contact Us
- Drug Information
- Health News
- Infection Prevention
- Medical Dictionary
- Medication Form
- Mission, Vision and High Five
- Non-Discrimination Notice
- Patient Page
- Patient Rights
- Patient Safety
- Pay Bill Online
- Third Party Applications
- Understanding Your Healthcare Costs
- Wythe Notice of Privacy Practices