Visitation Guidelines & COVID-19 Information
Visitor Guidelines and Visitation
At Wythe County Community Hospital, our top priority is safeguarding the health and wellbeing of our patients, providers, employees, and community.
In September 2022, the CDC changed its position on mandatory masking in healthcare facilities. This is a reflection of high levels of vaccine and infection-induced immunity along with improved treatments and prevention tools. We have been monitoring the Community Transmission levels for Wythe and surrounding counties for some time. As we continue to see Covid transmission and community levels decrease and Covid within our community continue to be more manageable, Effective March 21, 2023, we have made the decision to remove mandatory masking for Wythe County Community Hospital and Physician Practices. Please know masks will still be provided if you or visitors choose to wear one. Below is a brief review of updates and changes :
- Generalized masking will no longer be required for staff and visitors. However, masks will continue to be provided should staff or visitors choose or need to wear one
- If you are not feeling well, or have any respiratory symptoms, or have knowingly been exposed to someone with a respiratory illness, please be courteous of others and wear a mask.
- Appropriate PPE will continue to be required for visitors when visiting patients in isolation precautions.
- You may be asked to wear a mask if you display signs of an illness
- Visitors will continue to screen upon entry per questionnaire, however, temperature screening will no longer be required.
Thank you for your patience as we try to navigate this post-pandemic world in the healthcare field.
COVID-19 Online Risk Assessment
To help support the health of our community, we are providing access to an online COVID-19 risk assessment developed by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). This tool does NOT provide a diagnosis, and it should NOT be used as a substitute for an assessment made by a healthcare provider.
Mount Rogers Health District and Wythe County Community Hospital Announce Partnership for Phase 1b Vaccination
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (www.cdc.gov)
- Virginia Department of Health
- Mount Rogers Health District
- Wythe County Emergency Managment
- Bland County Emergency Management
- Virginia Hospital and Healthcare Association
- Resuming Elective Surgeries and Frequently Asked Questions
- What WCCH is Doing and What You Can Do
- What to do if you have respiratory illness symptoms
- Download Hand Washing Flyer
- Stop the Spread of Germs
- Steps to Prevent Illness
- Cloth Face Covering Instructions and Guidance from CDC