Loved ones are welcome again.
It’s been a hard year. During the COVID-19 pandemic, our community has faced a number of new challenges as we have worked to protect each other’s health and well-being. Perhaps one of the biggest of those challenges has been separation from others – whether that means forgoing in-person gatherings, grabbing coffee with a friend or visiting a loved one who is receiving care at the hospital.
As we come closer than ever to putting the pandemic behind us, we are pleased to announce that our visitation restrictions are relaxing, and loved ones are welcome again. We know that it has been difficult to be apart from family and friends who are receiving care, and we want to thank you for your patience and understanding while restrictions were in place to protect the health of our patients and staff.
We are so pleased to welcome our patients’ loved ones back to the hospital to visit. Our updated visitor policy can be found below.
It’s been a hard year. Let’s make the next one better…together.
Current Visitor Restrictions:
Wythe County Community Hospital is pleased to announce changes to our visitor guidelines and restrictions. Starting Monday, June 14th, visitor guidelines will return to normal in the hospital except for the following areas:
- Women’s Center – A patient will have one designated support person that may stay with the patient for the duration of the stay. The patient will also be able to designate 4 other visitors that will need to abide to visiting hours and may only visit once per day. The visiting ours of Women’s Center are 10:00 am – 2:00 pm and 5:00 pm – 9:00pm.
- ICU – Depending on the amount of covid patient will determine whether visitor are allowed. The ability to have visitors in the ICU will be determined day by day.
- Covid positive patients – Patients that are covid positive will not be allowed visitors unless for end of life situations. The care plan team will be consulted and determine the ability for those patients to have visitors.
- ED – Due to space ED patients are allowed 1-2 patients for all patients except for patients that are suspected or positive for Covid.
- ECU – Adult visitors only, 18 years and older.